Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Hidden World" at the White Lotus" art series

It felt so good to finish this art series of 6 artworks. As I completed each one I sensed a personality for each art piece. So, I named each piece based on the mood it evoked. What titles do these paintings bring to your mind? (This series now available in note/greeting cards, too)


r-atencio-pastel-still-life-blue-jar-emerging-cabinet

"Emergence" pastel painting seems like the little jar is tentatively peeking out from the shadows. Larger version


r.atencio-pastel-painting-gray-vase-shadow-screen

"Discretion" pastel reminds me of a secret meeting - like the old film noir where the veil hid the woman's face.Larger version


r-atencio-pastel-yellow-box-cabinet

"Illumination" pastel shows a little yellow box illuminating as the cabinet door opens. Larger version


r_atencio-pastel-still-life-beige-vase-grille-screen-cabinet

"Reminiscence" pastel makes me think of the times when two people share the same memory. Larger version


r.atencio-pastel-painting-still-life-blue-jar-screen=shadow

"Passion" pastel art piece with red light casting shadows which turn cool on the blue vase. Larger version


r-atencio-pastel-two-vases-reflecting-shadows-louvered-doors

"Quietude" pastel reminds me of the quiet place I would hide as a child. Larger version

No comments:

Post a Comment