Thursday, June 30, 2022

Soon Y. Warren: Watercolorist Extraordinaire

 As I've commented before, it seems that water color artists are some of the most skilled painters. I've tried water color, but I like to change my mind as I paint. Water color requires a lot of advanced planning. 


The water colorists, whose works I've recently found to be awe-producing, is Soon Y. Warren. She was born in South Korea and migrated to the United States in 1987. By 1998, she had reached a level of perfection as to teach her medium to others.

Warren is in many collections, often receives top honors at exhibits, writes books on painting and teaches via videos.

For this blog, instead of a lot of bio, I'd prefer to let the art speak for itself. Enjoy!








In case I've given your the impression that her only subjects are still lives and flowers, here's a couple of others to show the scope of her subjects and talent.



No comments:

Post a Comment